Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Preschool Madness

These would have been up sooner (story of my life) but my camera-to-computer cord "mysteriously" disappeared from Charlie's desk. My own fault for leaving it there, but I am innocent of everything else. Anyhoo, here is Sam Z. in all his glory on the First Day of Preschool.

Note the awesome bag. HOMEMADE because it's not enough that I'm writing a dissertation, teaching and attempting to keep a home, I must make a CUSTOM bag for a preschooler. It has monkeys. It has cars. It is vinyl-y. It is freakin' BAG LINED. For the first time in my life, I did bag lining on an *actual* bag.




Outside the school gate.

There are two Sams at his school-- hence Sam is "Sam Z." And everyone seems to think his last name is Marsh Krauter, so I think he's going to be utterly suprised when people address him as Sam Krauter when he gets to Kindergarten. The school is awsome. I haven't taken pictures inside because I don't want to weird anyone out (yet). It's in the Maple Leaf neighborhood and is just a residential home turned into kid paradise. Two fat, friendly cats live there! They have a huge yard! And Sam walked in and was totally (and continues to be) disinterested in my presence or lack of. Frankly, it was more traumatic (and not much) for C and I.

Some other eye candy from March...

A particularly nice photo of the Tomtem jacket (Elizabeth Zimmerman) that Nana made. It has welt pockets. People are frequently awestruck.



Sam likes to wash dishes. Monk likes to help.







No comments: